I could’ve entitled this “How not to have a good time on your birthday” but I really am trying to avoid a pity party even though I’m so sick I can’t see straight and Caedmon has impetigo and Presley has 3 teeth coming in on top of the cold she’s already got.
In that vain, let’s number the things I’m thankful for today:
* Waking up to Presley draped across my stomach and mumbling in her sleep. Something about num num’s, I’m sure.
* Coming into the living room to find a little red sack full of pictures drawn by Caedmon wishing me a happy birthday.
* Loads of emails and messages from my friends who live far away but still love me enough to remember my birthday!
* My husband calling me to tell me to be dressed and ready at 1 because he’s got a surprise for me.
* Mike and Amanda, our wonderful Alaskan friends who are making me a birthday cake so that I don’t have to make one for myself. And who are, in general, a blessing to us in so many ways!
* My mom and dad who gave me two of the best birthday presents EVAH!
*26 healthy years (well…not so much healthy today) spent with my friends and family.